Sunday 16 November 2014

Sleep training- Day 13

Today, I tried the "out the door" trick. Being I did my usual routine and then walked out and waited outside the door to see if he needed me.... He didn't! I was so surprised. He just rolled over as normal and went to sleep. Wow! I felt a bit bad, not being in the room with him, but he didn't seem to mind.

This is how day 13 looked:

Nap 1- 2 mins to get to sleep- 30 minutes sleep
Nap 2- 4 mins to get to sleep- 35 minutes sleep
Nap 3- 3 minutes to get to sleep- 25 minute sleep
Nap 4- 7 mins to get to sleep- 22 minute sleep


Bed (at 6:55pm)- 0 mins to get to sleep!!!

During the night:

11:20pm*- 15 mins to get back to sleep
2:30am*- 14 mins to get back to sleep
2:52pm- 2 mins to get back to sleep - I didn't go in but sang over the baby monitor (we have a two way)
5:00am- 12 mins to get back to sleep- Sang over monitor but it didn't work, so he came into my bed at 5:13 and I nursed him to sleep. Naughty me!

*Feed

For the last nap he cried for a bit. But every time I went to go in, he started calming himself down. I felt really bad, but he got there by himself, and I was standing outside of the door the whole time, waiting for it to escalate to the point where he needed me. 

I nursed him back to sleep in my bed for the last wake up of the night. It is not a habit I should get into, but I loved it so much, and missed it so much! 

Pi slept in my arms until 7:35. So much longer that way!



No comments:

Post a Comment