Friday 21 November 2014

$$$

Money, money, money... While I didn't get much in the way of bonuses from my work place- no maternity leave pay or anything from the government due to the "creative phrasing" my boss uses for various reasons., we do get the monthly child allowance. In my town (Ninomiya) for one child we get 15000yen a month. Which is great considering that I am breastfeeding. So that covers nappies (diapers), toys, and clothes each month that we buy. It's nice to be able to buy Pi lots of things and justify it (to an extent).

While I knew I was going to receive this money, I didn't know when though. It seems that payments are made at specific times of the year. As I missed the payment date for the first payment and so I was paid 75000yen all at once at the next one (45000yen + 30000yen for the first few months). This lead to a rather happy bonus for us when I checked my bank account one day.

 Mind you, we are being responsible parents and actually using that money for Pi, rather than going out and buying a Playstation. Who on earth has time for games now, anyway?


The payment is called the Jido Teate, and was applied for after the birth of my baby from city hall. I believe the payment is 15000yen/month for children under 3 years of age, and then 10000yen per month for children over 3 years. The first payment period will be calculated starting the month after the applicant is approved to receive benefits. Benefits are paid out 3 times a year, in February, June and October. The amount disbursed will be calculated based on the length of the most recent payment period, and will be transferred directly into the recipient’s designated bank account.

For more information, see this post:

Child Payment


No comments:

Post a Comment