Sunday 8 June 2014

The spit up begins

Back when I was pregnant and speaking with my brother and sister in law about things that I needed to buy, they very quickly piped up with "burp cloths!!!". Taking their advice into consideration, I went out and bought about 10 of really soft, fluffy microfiber hand towels from the dollar store (I was really happy that they remained soft and fluffy after washing- people are always commenting on how nice they are).
Though, weeks after Pi was born went by and nothing- not a spit up, not even a little. Mind you, our baby hasn't been burping either.
Over the last week and a bit, he has been gradually spitting up more and more (and I think his gas is getting better too). Though, last night and today, the spit up has been so crazy that I had to look up the difference between that and vomiting. I seriously smell like someone who has left the milk out too long (yes, I REALLY should change my shirt). He is also burping like a champ finally. I am quite pleased with his progress right now and am taking it to mean that his tummy is starting to function a bit better.

If only the gas would stop waking him up so he would sleep for more than two hours at night, then I would be one happy, rested (albeit spit up covered) mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment