Tuesday 17 June 2014

Home Nurse visit

Today, a nurse came to my house to give little Pi a check up. This visit is provided for free by the town. The called a few days after I registered Pi to set up the appointment. No vouchers or anything needed, just to have the boshi-techo (mother and child handbook).
The nurse called before hand to confirm, and came promptly at 1:30, along with another lady in the neighbourhood who I think was a bit of a community helper. The helper introduced herself, and left her card. From what I understand, if I need help or am feeling overwhelmed, I can give her a call.
The nurse (Take-san) was really lovely. Unfortunately, as I had woken Pi up for the visit and didn't feed him he was pretty hungry and in a bad mood, so cried during his weight check and everything.
Luckily, that was over quickly and fed him while she gave me lots of papers. Information on immunisations, on health checks, on mothers groups, on a bit of an emergency day care (though, until Pi reaches 6 months I need to use the one in the next town over. But as the cost is averaging 300/400yen per hour, it's a fantastic deal and good to know if I have appointments, or desperately need a break. There was also a don't shake the baby pamphlet.

It was really good to have her here, and ask questions, and always nice to have someone coo over Pi. He has really grown:

From:
3366gms, 53cms long, head 34.5, chest 31.5cms

To:
 4970gm, 57.1cm long, head 39.4cm, chest 38.2cm

It's the only home nurse visit, which is a shame. The next 3-4 month check up will be at the hall, but at least it will get me out of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment