Wednesday 4 June 2014

Cheap hospital and child allowance

There are many things to register when having a baby. When you give birth, you are given a birth certificate, but it needs to be taken to city hall to be registered. From there you get a Shussei Todoke 出生届 (notification of birth), and can get a certificate of acceptance of birth notification (shussei todokejyuri syoumei sho 出生届受理証明書. While I was there, I also got a special card (Nyuyoji-to Iryo-hi, 乳幼児等医療費) that gave a HUGE discount off of his hospital bill. It was originally 35000ish yen, and then with the 30% discount with his health insurance, and this card and the total bill came to about 2100. Sooo much better, and makes me feel better about taking him to the hospital in the future if there is an emergency.

While I was at city hall, I also registered for Kodomo Teate (child care allowance). We are eligible for 15000yen/month, which is a great help. Especially because I am breastfeeding.


No comments:

Post a Comment