Tuesday 8 November 2016

Winter drool.


You might be able to see from the above picture of my beautiful little man, that he has a red rash around his mouth. The other day he was eating green grapes and suddenly it got worse. Was he allergic suddenly to grapes, but not before? I didn't really go away. The next day I gave him raspberries and again with the rash. I though he might suddenly be allergic to everything. Then I remembered that the same thing happened last year- I took him to the doctors thinking it was an allergy, but it turns out it is a drool rash. 

My lovely little boy drools worse than Pavlov's dog- even though his teeth are all well and truly through (I have looked into it, apparently some toddler still drool for a long time, like, until 5 years old). Last year the doctor gave me some special cream which helped clear it up. This time I haven't been back to the doctor, but am trying Pawpaw ointment (bought in Australia) and Aquaphor cream (bought from I-herb) first to see if it clears up. So far, it is working a little. 



So if your bub still drools and gets a red rash around his mouth in winter, it might just be drool rash....




No comments:

Post a Comment