Wednesday 16 November 2016

What to do with all them apples- bake a chocolate cake!

I bought some applesauce from Costco ages ago. They are great little pouches of 100% apple- no sugar, so a great little snack for Pi. But lately he has gone off so many of his go to snacks (I blame me getting lazier with his meals). So, rather than inevitably throwing away so many pouches, I thought I would use them to make some chocolate cup cakes.

I found a recipe here, which doesn't call for vinegar, and have adapted it:

INGREDIENTS

201 cakeUS
  • 12cups sugar
  • 12cup oil
  • 2eggs
  • 2cups applesauce- or- 6 pouches of Costco 90g applesauce.
  • 2 &1/2cups flour
  • 12teaspoons baking soda
  • 12teaspoon salt
  • 12teaspoon cinnamon
  • 3tablespoons cocoa

  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
  2. Beat sugar, oil, eggs, and applesauce.
  3. Add flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, and cocoa. Beat well.
  4. Pour into cupcake/muffin pan.
  5. Bake in 180 degree C oven for 15 minutes.
Enjoy.


Next time, I think I will substitute the oil for coconut oil. 
They turned out really great. Not the healthiest snack, but not too bad either and a great time killer for our Friday afternoon baking.

I put some spray oil to grease the pans, and it worked well. Just make sure you let your cakes cool for at least 5 minutes before trying to take them out of the pans,


Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. 3 Studies SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by eating Coconut Fats (in addition to coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from major medicinal journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

    ReplyDelete