Thursday 29 January 2015

Mr Bitey

Babies, particularly mine, seem to go through phases. Luckily, most of them pass pretty quickly. Some return, like Pichan blowing raspberries- not so great with a mouth full of food, and some just keep going and going, slowly getting worse. In a nutshell, he has turned into Mr Bitey.

I can understand a babies need to gum down on something while teething. Pi, however is not teething. I do believe he is just practicing a new skill. Pi is the owner of 6 baby teeth- all in by 8 months- and has recently discovered the 'bite and rip'- aka rending my tender, tender flesh. He doesn't care what. He loves doing it to plastic bags, as it means he can then swallow a deliciously dangerous piece of plastic. He loves doing it to clothes- after all, they do stretch nicely, and who needed that shirt to look new, anyway. But above all, he loves doing it to flesh.

Unfortunately, it means that I am walking around with a lot of bit marks, and a bit of pain.
Let's hope he moves on quickly from the "Mr Bitey" phase to the next phase. I have my fingers crossed it will be a "Mr Cuddley" phase...

Nom nom nom... (not Pi or I, by the way)

No comments:

Post a Comment