Monday 13 January 2014

Week 25

One of the most wonderful things about having the baby kicking all the time, also leads to a scary thing; when the baby stops kicking, or at least, not quite as much.

Last night I spent a good two hours trying to feel for a bit of movement, after not noticing Pi-chan at all during the day. It usually wouldn't have been a thing, expect Pi has been kicking like crazy the last few days, and now to suddenly stop has me a little worried. I read in the baby books that this happens. Some days the baby loves to jump about, and others they do nothing. I am hoping we are just on a rest day or two, but luckily I have an appointment tomorrow, anyway.

25 weeks is getting closer and closer to the big due date- I am about 3 weeks off the third trimester now. Yesterday, Husband and I went to babies r us to look for prams, car seats and the high low chairs that they have over here (kind of like an automatic rocking bed/change table/high chair). The car seat was pretty easy to select, not that we have purchased it yet. The pram (or babycar, as they call them here) is a bit more difficult. As soon as we had decided on the one (which also happened to be one of the most expensive), I am now having second thoughts. Will I really be using a pram that often to justify spending that amount of money on it. Prams really aren't used in Japan. The majority wears their baby over here, and when at a shopping centre, you can borrow prams for when you get tired of carting everything around. At the moment, the only things I can see me using the pram for, is for walks around the neighbourhood and the occasional picnic. So, if I am using the thing infrequently, shouldn't I just go for a basic model? 'Tis a pickle.

On the plus side- we bought our Ergo baby carrier with infant insert. This site is super cheap (much cheaper than the stores) http://wm.benesse.ne.jp/  It is in Japanese though. But we picked up the carrier and insert for 10800Yen. Very cheap. It is also our first purchase for little Pi-chan. :D



Week: 25
Baby bump: About the same as last week.
Movement: Kicking and punching a lot, except for the last few days. I am trying not to freak out...
Complaints: I get a stitch every time I walk a long distance. Now that I am actually exercising (lightly) again, it gets quite painful.
Maternity clothes: Still the same. I do love my maternity jeans, and wish I would have bought pants for work (it is a bit pointless now, as by the time they arrive, I would have almost finished work). Most of my business shirts have gone into retirement.




No comments:

Post a Comment