Saturday 2 May 2015

Do I want to read that... Nope, nope and nope

One on the biggest changes for me as parent has been my inability to read any news article involving children. It just stabs me deep inside when I see a headline and think "Nope, there is no way I could stand reading that". Today's gem from BBC news was "Man rapes one day old baby".  Just, no! Mind you, it wasn't the kind of thing I wanted to read before, but now it cuts deep to a personal level.

I find even watching movies has changed for me. I can't really enjoy any movie where kids get injured, or parents die leaving the kid alone. Even the start of something as innocuous as Guardians of the Galaxy got me all watery as all I could think of is "what if that happens to Pichan".

To counter this, I will be reading a lot more happy stories, and enjoying movies where everybody lives, and nobody gets hurt... They still make those, right?



hedgehogs always put me in a better mood...

No comments:

Post a Comment