Tuesday 21 April 2015

Nappy (Diaper) review: Merries vs Moony pants type (L size)

I am officially a pants convert. Pichan isn't walking yet and he hates being put on his back for a nappy change. It is usually a bit of a scream fest, and no amount of toys (unless it is a forbidden object like my mobile phone) will keep him happy if he is already in a bad mood. Using pants type nappies means I can stand him up against something, rip them off (or pull them down) and put the new one on. If it is poopy, it is still a lay him down job (thankfully the pants type nappies rip at the sides so I don't have to pull poop down his legs, or anything) but at least I only have to lay him down once or twice a day, usually.



Merries:

Cost: Babies R Us have them for 1429yen for 56 nappies about 25.5yen/nappy- depends where you buy and if they are on sale. 'Create SD' drugstore is a little cheaper.
Softness: 4/5
Rash: none
Fit: Really nice fit. The sidebands are super side, the front goes up really high (which is important if you have a boy). The back fits around the whole buttocks
Absorbency: 5/5- My LO can sleep in them. No pee leaks.
Poo leaks: 5/5- though not such an issue now with more solid poops.
Wetness Indicator: Yes
Notes: Great gathering around the legs, seems comfortable for my LO to wear. Easy to put on.








Moony Nappies:

Cost: Babies R Us have them for 1397yen for 56 nappies about 24.9yen/nappy- depends where you buy and if they are on sale. 'Create SD' drugstore is a little cheaper.
Softness: 4/5
Rash: none
Fit: I call these 'briefs' as they are a bit smaller in area than the merries nappy. The cover the bottom, but not the whole cheek. The front isn't as high as Merries
Absorbency: 4/5- Haven't tried for night use, but they have leaked twice during the day
Poo leaks: 5/5- though not such an issue now with more solid poops.
Wetness Indicator: Yes

Notes: because there is less coverage, I feel like I have to tuck my little boys 'bits' in more and adjust it all a bit more so it fits in the right places. 




Merries Nappy

 Moony Nappy (You can see it doesn't cover as much as the moony)




Merries nappy from the side                               Moony nappy from the side
(you can see the better coverage)



 Merries nappy (above), Moony nappy (below)


The winner of the two, is....... Merries.

Though I will still buy Moony on occasion, as you can only buy one packet of Merries at a time where I buy my nappies (due to popularity).



1 comment: