Tuesday 22 July 2014

Goodbye Colic!

I had been in colic denial. 

I always thought Pi had colic, but was never sure just how much was colic due to gas. The gas, thankfully, eased up about week 9-10ish. At night Pi still had a serious case of the 'witching hour', where he would wake up from his afternoon nap and cry until bed time. Bouncing, walking and dancing would keep his cries to a low grizzle, but each one would only work for a small period of time. He also cried really easily during the day. 
From about week 11 and two days though- poof! All gone! Don't get me wrong, he still gets a bit fussy in the afternoon (as a lot of babies are prone to do). However, as long as I keep him close (hold him) and pay attention to him, he is as good as gold. The change was quite remarkable and made me think I really was living in colic denial. How easy is he now! It makes my life (and low grade headache) so much easier now. Yay for the magical number of 12 weeks, where things really do get a lot easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment