Tuesday 19 July 2016

The end of attachment- Part 2

Now that it has been well over a week, I am happy to say that Pi is weaned- and not once has he asked for Mummy's milk. Even when my boobs were in his face. It is such a relief that he prefers to have 'moo moo juice' at night- he asks for it, and is excited by it.  After he is finished his milk, we lay down together for a long cuddle so he still has that closeness.

My body has dealt with it fairly well too. I was expecting the worst, but the hot flushes were minimal and the pain was bearable.

As soon as I finished the last feed, I made sure to drink some sage tea (A spoonful of dried sage leaves in a cup of hot water). Dried sage can be bought at your local supermarket in the herb section.



The next morning I woke up sore, but with the help of cabbage leaves in my bra it wasn't too bad. I found about 36hrs after the last feed I had a really sore blocked duct. Remembering that expressing a little is okay, I gradually worked out the blockage and by the next day it was much better.

Over the first three days, I had either a spoonful of sage mixed with peanut butter, or some sage tea twice a day. I found I only needed cabbage leaves that first day.

There was very, very, very minor leaking that first week (just a couple drops per day) and then it was all finished.

Now that the weaning is finished, I am glad that I did it. I do miss that special connection, but the cuddles that we have every night before he goes to sleep are just as lovely.

His dad is also happy that he gets to participate in the bedtime ritual a bit more too.


1 comment:

  1. Hello! I've been following your website for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Austin Texas! Just wanted to tell you keep up the good job!
    nursery blackout curtains

    ReplyDelete