Tuesday 1 March 2016

The WOW cup

Pichan loves water. He loves it so much that he is quite happy to shake water out of a cup, sippy cup, or even a bottle, any time, any where. We have a water bottle that seals, and should be leak proof, but if he tips it upside down and shakes enough then water can still come out. Yay! I also found that water can rise up through the sealed straw when there is a change in temperature- which has meant my bag has gotten wet a few times.

I heard online ages ago about a WOW cup. They are a special cup that, supposedly, is leak proof. Given my son's penchant for spilling anything and everything I really wanted to put one of these to the test, however I wasn't quite wanting to pay the shipping cost from America.

Happily, I stumbled upon them the other day at AKACHAN HONPO in kawasaki. Happy days! They are kind of expensive- 1380yen per cup- but as it is a cup and not a sippy cup I figured that he would still be using it in a few years.

It really does live up to it's name- just WOW. Pichan can shake until the cows come home and he still can't get water out of it. He really can drop it too and nothing comes out. They are also easy to clean. I am in love, and intend to buy some more. It did take my bub a few goes of trying over two days before he could drink the water out (it is a little weird to drink), but now that he can, it is perfect for our needs.

Here is a link to Akachan Honpo online store which has them too: http://akachan.omni7.jp/search/?keyword=wow&searchKeywordFlg=1

And the WOW website, if you want to know what I am going on about: http://www.wowcup.com/
Image result for wow cup




No comments:

Post a Comment