Friday 13 May 2016

Ice lolly recipe- Strawberry, dark chocolate and coconut 'icecream'

With the summer fast approaching, we thought we would get some new popsicle molds. I bought some from Daiso but there were no holes in the sticks (The popsicle stays on better if there are holes in the sticks).  I found some better ones at Ikea yesterday (249yen, including tax). I prefer popsicle sticks that have that little scooped bowl at the base to catch the drips, but beggars can't be choosers.



I thought I would create my own recipe this time. I was going to do banana flavored, but as I had lots of strawberries left over I changed my mind.

So, out of the ashes of my kitchen I created: strawberry, dark chocolate and coconut icecreams.



I made them toddler friendly- meaning no added sugar, and only a tiny bit of the bad stuff (chocolate). Pichan isn't usually allowed to eat chocolate (I know, Nazi Mum), but at least it is dark chocolate so it is more cocoa than sugar.

Recipe:

10 ripe large strawberries
200mls of milk (full fat)
5 heaped tablespoons of Greek Yogurt (I found it at my local supermarket- *I think Greek yogurt isn't as sour, and is creamier than regular yogurt- it has less sugar, double the protein and is much thicker)
2 tablespoons of coconut (bought from I-herb)
40 grams of dark chocolate




Mix in a blender, pour into molds, freeze for four hours and viola! Delicious, healthy, icecreams fit for a toddler.



They aren't supersweet. So, if you wanted to, add more strawberries, or chocolate, or even a teaspoon or two of sugar (gum syrup would work better).



No comments:

Post a Comment