Sunday 12 July 2015

Hepatitis B becoming free (so I've heard)

Good news for soon-to-be-mothers in Japan. I was talking to some of my students the other day about vaccinations, and was telling how how we are following both the Australian and Japanese vaccination charts. But doing it this way means that we pay out of pocket for some- namely Hepatitis B, and Rotavirus (Hepatitis B cost us 4500yen). She hadn't had her baby vaccinated for Hep B, so at her next visit to the doctor she asked about the vaccine.

Her doctor told her that from 2016, the Hepatitis B vaccine will be covered by the government- no out of pocket expense. How great is that! I have tried to find some articles on the internet which confirms this and *think* I have: http://www9.nhk.or.jp/kabun-blog/200/207285.html


So, hopefully (and please don't quote me) Hepatitis B will be added to the list of routine, free vaccinations in Japan. Lucky you, 2016 babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment