Sunday 1 March 2015

Glue Gun

Pichan is standing these days, but as it is winter and we have cold floorboards, I always like him to wear socks. The problem is that many of his socks don't have grip on the bottom, and the ones that do, don't have enough.

I read somewhere online that you can add grip to the bottom using a glue gun. Thankfully, Japan's dollar stores are well equipped, so well that you can indeed get glue guns and glue sticks from them. I have seen them both in Daiso and Seria. I bought mine from Seria as well as 20 glue sticks (for Y108 yen each, including tax). The power cord on it is TINY. Like, 15cms long. It's pretty pathetic, but who I am to complain for a dollar...



I tried it on a pair of my house socks and a pair of Pi's socks. Insert the stick, heat the gun, draw a squiggly patter on the bottom and wait for it to set.

It worked! But before I sound too impressed, it unfortunately did not work for long. It is a very temporary fix. The glue peels off after a while (and then becomes an eating hazard). It did kind of work (and survive the wash) on a very fluffy footed bear suit. A lot of the glue stayed on the bottom, but other socks not so much. Because of the eating hazard I probably won't do it again. But it was certainly good for a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment