Thursday 15 May 2014

Best baby purchases

So far- of all the thousands of things and dollars that we have spent, there are three purchases that have been a stand out for my sanity (two were purchased after the baby was born).

The Ergo carrier:


(Not me in the photo by the way).
Little Pi just loves to be walked in this. If he is screaming because of tiredness, or pain from gas- this carrier just about always helps. And he always falls asleep. It means that I have been having lots of walks around the park at the moment. It is better than our pram because the footpaths around here are really rocky, to it's a bit of an effort and very bouncy to take Pi in the pram, but the carrier can go anywhere.




Bed in Bed:

We bought an awesome crib for Little Pi- but from day one the only place he likes sleeping is in my arms. Because I am so paranoid about co sleeping because of the SIDS risk- this seems like a much safer option. Basically it has two little pyramids that stop pillows from suffocating the baby. That combined with the fact it is easy to keep the blankets out of his face and easy to move him from my arms and into his little bed- it is brilliant. We also have him in Halo sleep sacks, so it keeps him warm without the need of blankets. My husband is currently sleeping on a futon on the floor because there isn't room in our double bed for the three of us, but soon we can move his bed in bed to the crib which is joined to our bed.
 


Fisher Price rainforest bouncer:

This we bought late night to help with his colic (before we realised the underlying cause was gas trouble). It has a vibration function, and the best thing is that it has given me the use of my arms again. Up until now, every time I have wanted to put him down he would only stay down for a few minutes in his downstairs cradle, but now he is actually content to sit or sleep in this thing. It is really lightweight and portable too, so I move it into the bathroom when I want to have a shower. So far, it has been a lifesaver.


No comments:

Post a Comment