Wednesday 28 August 2013

Vitamins

So, the other day I mentioned that Mr H and I have been taking vitamins for ages. Buying vitamins in Japan is quite expensive, and I am (for some reason) questionable about their quality. Most big supermarkets and drug stores stock Naturemade (or was it Naturesown), and sometimes a generic (which is cheaper- but again I am unsure about the quality).

Instead, we buy our vitamins from the US. I was using Vitacost, which is cheap and has a great selection- but international postage will send you broke pretty quickly.

These days, I use iherb. The prices are still cheap, but shipping is amazingly cheap. I order several kilos worth of stuff at a time, and I think they have a Y400 flat rate. If you don't have a credit card and are only ordering a little bit, you can use Yamato Cash on Delivery (which is a bit more). Recently, they have had free shipping to Japan- so sign up to the newsletter and look out for specials. If you use this code- MGH707 you will get a discount- yay!

I also order groceries from there too, such a curry sauces, lentils, licorish (love the stuff), and healthy crackers (gosh knows Japan hadn't caught onto the multigrain craze). The only thing they didn't have was TUMS., so I went back to vitacost and paid about $12 for shipping from there last night (as the heartburn seems to have started).

For me, online shopping is the best way to survive over here when I am craving something besides rice, or rice derived products....


No comments:

Post a Comment